Monday, March 22, 2010

Spike Jonze Absolute Vodka short film

Spike Jonze directed a 30 minute film for Absolute Vodka. The film, titled "I'm here," is free to view online. It's about a lonely robot living in a society of mixed robot and human denizens. You can view if at imheremovie I haven't had time to watch it yet but I hope it has something close to a happy ending complete with a party scene and Absolute Vodka.

Of course there is some funky social media element to it as well. Absolute has worked out a way for viewers to watch the movie with their facebook friends in a virtual theater. I think that should help with the loneliness that might accompany watching an online film about a lonely robot. All kidding aside, this is way to get your brand some real online exposure while adding value to viewers and consumers. I hope to see more of this kind of thing in the future.

No comments: