Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rock is so over



Ads of the world put me onto this ad for a French electro magazine called Trax. This girl is sick of her boyfriend playing rock music and is reacting in quite a fashion. It's kind of a gross ad but the ad's art direction is stunning it's and probably intended for a teenage demographic anyways.

I'm not mad at the ad but I need to comment on the irony of the message. Electro is a really trendy music movement. It is also not exactly easy on the ears with really low subs and lots of ravish synths. This is coming from an electro fan. My wife, however, is not an electro fan at all. This ad could easily have been shot at our house only it would be electro driving the girl insane. I'm sure my wife's not alone in thinking that listening to electro music is the opposite of being fussy.

No comments: