Monday, April 26, 2010

Nescafe price discrimination

One of my first posts on this blog commented on how smart is was for Nescafe to be going after Starbucks with the single serving instant coffee packs. I was also excited to see the ad in Spanish. Someone did their homework.

I'm here to follow up on the story a little bit. I was in the local grocery store yesterday. Not a local mini-mart but a fairly large chain. I was checking out the Nescafe single packs when I noticed something quite intriguing. Nescafe has the same product packaged in two different ways- one is in English and one is in Spanish. That may not be a huge deal but there stocked really close to one another AND they were different prices. If you buy the English product, it's $1.19 for a pack of 7. Spanish speakers get 8 for that price.



No comments: