Monday, October 4, 2010

Just Make it Feel Good

We've mentioned a few viral videos recently on this site that are just kind of pleasant to watch. Something about them has this element that just makes it nice to watch. This element shouldn't be discounted.

I was watching football with a  buddy last Saturday when one of those rotoscoped Charles Schwab ads comes on. It was an ad about retirement or investing or something. When the ad was over my buddy casually asked me, "Why do I love that ad so much?" I had just been thinking the same thing. I think it was the green color of the guy's shirt that just kind of entranced me. This visuals of this ad put me into a nice comfortable place. The lack overbearing music also helps. This especially in contrast with Aflac duck that has haunted my Saturdays for as long as I can remember.

To all the agencies out there- please give us the gift of more soft colors and mellow moments.

Here's the ad. You've all probably seen it but just in case-

No comments: