Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Asics is grabbing my attention

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that is paying attention to new Asics colorways for women these days. Granted I'm a little more into sneakers than the next guy but I don't think that is what it's really about. The Japanese sneaker manufacturer has enlisted the designs of a designer named Ronnie Fieg. Ronnie Fieg has the arduous task of developing new colorways for the Asics Gel Lyte III. It's a tough job but he seems up to the task. You can scope his website at RonnieFieg.

So why is it that I'm even talking about all this? This is why


This photo is just the beginning of the shoot. Asics keeps doing awesome photo shoots for new colorways with really pretty girls acting all casual. Trust me, there is something about girls chilling in some workout gear and nice kicks that does it for a large segment of the young male population. Bear in mind the shoots don't cross any lines of decency.

As soon Asics does this, several things happen in rapid succession.
-Sneaker blogs like KicksonFire post the pics up.
-The young males that check these blogs are sure to pay attention to this post.
-Most readers are thinking, "Damn, maybe my girl would look good in a fresh pair Asics."
-Credit card numbers are entered and shipping options selected.
- Just as a special treat, Asics drops a video documenting the photo shoot itself a few days later and we all watch that too.

This isn't rocket science folks. This is just nice sneakers doing what nice sneakers do.

Thanks to KicksonFire for bringing these to my inbox on the regular.

No comments: